Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Intelligence

Objective: Why is it important to define and debate our understanding of intelligence and its origins? How does this relate to you?


It is important to know what intelligence is because there are various answers to this question. One can be skills necessary for survival, another could be about wisdom and knowing more then just survival. Many people today believed that intelligence today is defined as smartness, wisdom, and knowing much more then others do. Then less well known definition of intelligence would be about skills needed for survival, this could be learned behavior, learned from cause and effect or watching from others in their life. Another intelligence could be imprinted behavior, in which learning is in a limited amount of time.


This relates to me because I am a visual learner. I need to see diagrams and pictures with labels to help me develop a picture in my mind. I also enjoy working in groups because it increases the amount of ideals, that is... assuming that everyone in the group is working hard. Some other times I enjoy working alone because I wanted to express my ideals thoroughly the way I wanted it to be. The intelligence I'm using right now is the second definition, absorbing as much materials as possible. But when I go to college I would need survival skills, I would need to look after my expenses and time.

No comments:

Post a Comment